Making our mark on the world by helping students make theirs.
The Foundation for Educational Opportunity awards annual scholarships to deserving students. Candidates must apply and provide written appraisal and documentation of their unique qualifications. Award recipient monies are intended for use of future educational tuition purposes. The Foundation holds all funds for the student until such time that the student requests reimbursement for college tuition expenses.
Our scholarship categories:
TargetTeach Scholarship - Awarded to 5th and 6th grade students in school districts using the Target-Teach program from Evans Newton. By awarding students with a college scholarship at a young age, the Foundation motivates students to finish public school and pursue higher education.
Our scholarship criteria:
- Student must be a U.S. Citizen and under the age of 21
- Regular school attendance
- Personal integrity
- Organizational/ communication skills
- Respect for others
- Ability to learn
- Community service
- Extra-curricular activities
- College and career goals
- Letters of recommendation
- GPA of at least 2.0, along with class ranking
- Annual household income that meets the U.S. eligibility guidelines for school lunch subsidy.